I Reached $10,000 in Forward Dividends!!

snowball-rolling-downhill.jpg

That’s right, the next 12 months from now will bring in a minimum of $10,000 in dividend income!  That’s without any raises or new contributions.

I love tracking my forward dividend income level because I want to know how much income to expect going forward if I stopped contributions. I originally started a dividend growth strategy at the beginning of 2012.  I took me 16 months to reach a forward dividend income of $5,000.  I reached this mark in April of 2013.  12 months later I’ve doubled my forward income level.  I suspect it will take less than 12 months from now to reach the $15,000 level.

I can really feel the compounding working its magic.  I’m increasing my income level at a much faster pace organically without even making contributions due to dividend increases and a constantly growing portfolio.  My snowball is in motion and keeps growing and increasing speed every day!

My current goal is to reach $14,000 in forward dividends but I am a little behind in reaching this goal due to a couple of months of smaller purchases.

Here’s a look at how I’ve increased my income stream:

Forward_Dividends_04_14

This is just more proof that my DGI strategy is really working!  I have a long ways to go to get to the bottom of that hill but I have some nice traction now and even more motivation to reach FI.

Comments

• All About Interest says

R2R,

Thanks! It was a great milestone to reach and reiterates why I’m a DG investor. I’m happy what I’m doing can provide some inspiration to others so they too can reach FI.

Thanks for stopping by!

1. says

Way to go!! Doubling your forward dividend income in 12-months is great. Our family’s annual dividend is only 1/5 of yours but we are already seeing the power of compounding at work. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. At your level, even if you don’t add any new money, you still have roughly $800 to reinvest and grow.

Nice job…wishing you continued progress and success!
    A Frugal Family’s Journey recently posted…Mortgage Balance (Update) – May 2014My Profile

• All About Interest says

Frugal Family,

Thanks alot! $2,000 is still great and you will be surprised how fast it increases especially if you stay consistent.

I appreciate the encouragement! I hope you achieve all of your goals as well and congrats on knocking that mortgage balance down.

Take care!

2. says

Great job with the $10k. I know it is just a mile marker on the path to FI, but it must feel awesome just the same. Your real estate portfolio is really looking good as well.

I can’t wait to see when you get to $20,000 in dividends and $20,000 rental income! It seems like you are quickly approaching those milestones.

MDP
    My Dividend Pipeline recently posted…April 2014 Passive IncomeMy Profile

• All About Interest says

Hi MDP,

That’s true, it’s just a small mile marker but it’s great motivation to actually see. I’ve made some incredible progress since starting the journey and this stuff just keeps me motivated and on track. Thanks, I haven’t decided if I’m going to try for a 4th rental this year or not, we shall see.

I can’t imagine $20k in forward dividends, but I’m sure it will come faster than I think. You are killing it with purchases yourself and are well on your way.

Thanks for following my progress and stopping by!

• All About Interest says

RBD,

Thanks! You’re right, I can really see the difference that this level of dividend income brings. Over $800/month and growing! Good luck on the possible new rental property!

Cheers!

• All About Interest says

AA,

Thanks alot! I’ve got a ways to catch up to you so I’m sure you are definitely feeling the effects. I love this stuff!

Thanks for stopping by!

• All About Interest says

ILG,

Thanks! Yeah, 12k will also be huge since that would be $1k per month. I should hit that sometime this year. I can’t wait! Congrats on getting near $4k. That’s over $300/mo you won’t have to work for any more!

Likewise and thanks for stopping by!

• All About Interest says

Hi DividendVet,

Thanks alot! I just took a look at your portfolio and progress. Congrats on building upon some great companies. I hope we both have continued success.

Cheers!

3. says

Brent,

Phenomenal progress. Simply amazing!

$10k/year could cover a MAJOR portion of my yearly expenses. At that level of passive income I’d probably just work part time or something and really start to enjoy life.

Keep it up. You’ll be at $15k and then $20k before you know it. :)

Best wishes!
    Dividend Mantra recently posted…Freedom Fund Update – May 2014My Profile

• All About Interest says

Jason,

Thanks alot!

Well, I’m not near working part-time yet but over $800/month in income makes a nice dent in my expenses. $20k seems far off but I’m sure it will be here sooner than I think if I stay consistent and motivated.

I appreciate the continued support. Keep up the good work on your end as well!

• All About Interest says

Frihetsfonden,

Thanks alot! I’m so glad my progress can motivate others. You’ve got a nice portfolio going yourself. Keep it up on your end as well.

Thanks for stopping by to comment!

4. says

Wow! That is an awesome milestone. Since joining this active dividend investing community about 3 weeks ago I can honestly say that I can feel the support everyone has for one another with their dividend growth strategy. I have been reading blog after blog, witnessed numerous portfolios large and small and can say that this post, and many out there online, have continued to inspire me. DivHut recently posted http://divhut.com/2014/05/dividend-income-update-april-2014/ Keep it up.

• All About Interest says

Hi DivHut,

That’s one of the great things about this community. Everyone is super supportive and friendly. I’m happy I’m able to inspire with what I’m doing and good luck with building your portfolio. You have already started adding some great companies.

Take care!