Weekly Purchases – 08/26/14

20140720_123156

I’m reporting my automatic purchases for this week:

I Bought:

$750 of MO
$500 of BBL
$400 of DE
$350 of AWR
$250 of UL
$250 of KMI

I used $2500 in new capital and added $92.11/year to my dividend income.  This is an average yield of  3.68%.

Note:

Large purchase this week.  I had some extra capital I wanted to put to work before the end of the month.

I added more MO before the ex-dividend date.  They recently had a nice raise and I believe the company will  continue rewarding shareholders for a long time.

BBL is now a full position.  Even with the “demerger” talks, I decided to add a little extra after the pullback.

I think DE is at a great value and I’d like to bring it up closer to my position in CAT since I want these to end up being half positions.

I recently added AWR last week.  I plan to keep adding more while dollar-cost-averaging on this great company that’s been paying out higher dividends for 60 years!

It’s nothing new that I keep building up a full position in UL.  With a giant portfolio of well-known brands and 3.5% yield, what’s not to like!  I’m getting closer to a full position.

KMI is already a larger position of mine, possibly the largest.  The recently announced news to consolidate into one company sent shares up quite a bit.  I believe KMI still has great long-term growth going foward.  I’m also more confident after Richard Kinder laid out his dividend plan for the next few years.

Picture:

Just for some fun and to add some color I will be posting pictures of places I’ve been to.  It’s also motivation to reach FI so I can travel and do what I want to when I want to.

This is a picture from my recent trip to Hawai’i.  It was taken on The Big Island during a helicopter tour we took.

Comments

• All About Interest says

DGJ,

Thanks! I stepped it up this week for sure. I think DE offers a good value right now and UL is a solid company to own as well with many huge brands under its belt.

Thanks for stopping by!

• All About Interest says

Hi Ferdi,

I wish I could add that much every week. I’m behind my contribution level of last year and am hoping to ramp up the purchases the second half of the year. Glad to have you as a fellow shareholder in those companies. AWR as I mentioned, is a new position but they have a very long streak of increases.

Cheers!

1. says

Hi,

Wow nice week purchases! I want try to purchase UL sometime next month. For next week, I think I am going to get some additional MCD and T.

Fab
    Fab recently posted…Roth IRAMy Profile

• All About Interest says

Hi Fab,

Thanks! I love UL and I think about the company every day as I use their Dove soap lol. MCD and T are both solid and I think can be bought at a decent price currently. I added T fairly recently in a couple of big purchases in my Motif account. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those.

Thank for stopping by!

• All About Interest says

Thanks! Yeah, It was nice buying 6 different companies to spread the money around and not paying any more commissions. I hope I can continue making some large purchases like this.

Thanks for following and I wish you luck as well, I’ll be watching your progress.

Cheers!

2. says

I have AWR on my watch list. The dividend growth the past few years has really shot up. The last raise wasn’t quite as much but still about 5% which is really good for a utility. I really like utilities, I think a lot more than your typical dividend investor does. I see them as very defensive and I like the safety there.
    CD
    Captain Dividend recently posted…Top 40 Stocks Held By DGI BloggersMy Profile

• All About Interest says

Hi Captain,

Utilities are definitely defensive and it might be a good idea to add some if you think a big correction is coming. Either way, I plan to allocate a portion of my portfolio for them. I also like the business of water, nobody can live without it. AWR also has a monster dividend streak going. It’s one of those companies that I’m confident won’t be going anywhere in my lifetime.

Thanks for stopping by!