My goal update posts can be found here.
My final goal is to make enough in dividend income plus rental income in order to pay for all of my expenses and exit the rat race. You can find my progress bar on the right sidebar of each page.
I turn 42 in this year and my goal is to have enough passive income from investments that will pay all my expenses so I can retire or semi-retire and do what I want for work.
- Reach 500k in market value for my DG portfolio, currently $375k end of Dec. 2017. (Done and posted 09/05/18)
$13,000$18,000 in forward 12-month dividends.
- Earn $11,320 in dividend income , 40% increase from 2017.
- Increase Net Worth to 750k, I know it says I hit this in 2017, which I did but I’m
adjusting real estate values to a more conservative number. (Done)
- Buy two more rental properties, making the total 5 rentals. (One is Done and posted 05/11/18, 1 to go)
- Reach 300k in market value for my DG portfolio (Done around 10/01/17)
- Reach $10,000 in forward 12-month dividends (Done 10/25/17)
- Earn $8000 in dividend income (Done, $8168 total)
- Increase Net Worth to 750k (Done, October 2017)
- Buy two rental properties (One purchased plus primary converted to a rental)
- Reach 250k in market value for my DG portfolio (Done, August 2016)
- Reach $10,000 in forward 12-month dividends
- Earn $8000 in dividend income
- Increase Net Worth to 450k, Done
- Top $4,000/month in sales from the bar by end of year.
2015 Goals: (Sabbatical)
- Reach 375k in market value for my DG portfolio
- Reach $14000 in forward 12-month dividends
- Earn $5000 in options premiums
- Earn $10000 in dividend income
- Buy a third rental property (completed April 4th 2014 and posted here)
- Increase net worth to 800k (596k in Jan.)
- Produce 12mwh or 12,000kwh of electricity
- Reach 300k Pageviews
- Hit 25k Pageviews/month
- Finish the Yakezie challenge (completed in spring but posted in August here)
- Pay off my second lien by February 2013 on my primary residence saving $380.35/month. (done and posted in January)
- Reach 180k in market value for my DG portfolio (completed and posted on 07/23/13)
- Reach $6500 in forward 12-month dividends (completed and posted on 07/20/13, shooting for $8500 now)
- Earn $3000 in options premiums (upped from $2500 on 02/18) (completed and posted on 07/12/13)
- Earn $5000 in dividend income (completed and posted on 12/13/13)
- Refinance primary residence at or below 3% on a 30-year fixed. (failed, interest rates didn’t cooperate)
- Increase net worth to at least 450k (334k in Jan.) (completed and posted on 10/19, shooting for 525k now)
- Sell my car and buy a newer vehicle. (done in March and posted, bought an Audi S4)
My initial goal for 2012 was to hit $2000 for forward 12-month dividends. I posted this goal in March when I started this blog. I reached this goal in July and I blew past the $3000 mark in December. I’ve adjusted my dividend goals upwards going forward.
I like to think about how my passive income can be used to pay for recurring bills that I have. I’m currently at $16,426 for forward 12-month dividends. This equals $1368.83/month for my dividend stock accounts. I also have profits of $1807.36/month from real estate that I calculated here.
DG Portfolio($1368) + Real Estate Income ($1807) = $3175/month
Last Updated (08/09/18):
FIXED (in progress) – $2703 (covered)
Cable TV (Cut the cord)
High Speed Internet: – 50.00 (covered)
Water + Waste Water – 75 (covered)
Electric – 125.00 (covered)
Car Payments – 617 (covered)
Car Insurance (2 cars) – 120/
Lawn Care – 150/mo (covered)
Mortgage (3.875% 30 yr fixed) – $1565.94 (covered)
Variable – (These are expenses I have control of and can hopefully lower) – $1450
travel fund – $350 (covered)
restaurants – $300 ($122 or 41% covered)
gas – $150
grocery store – $500
beer & wine – $50
clothing – $100
Here are my current total passive income goals. The income column includes a forward 12-month dividend goal and is calculated at the end of that year. It includes my DG portfolio and real estate income.